Nowadays, rolling stock is designed with great care to ensure maximum passenger comfort and prolong the lifespan of on-board electromechanical devices. To this end, the anti-vibration mounts for railway carriages are made of certified flame-retardant material and are used in many different applications.
A railway carriage is a rather complex structure and uses a variety of anti-vibration products:
- cylindrical vibration dampers to suspend on-board equipment (air conditioning systems, switchboards, electric motors);
- anti-vibration mats to decouple the floor from the rigid structure;
- anti-vibration feet for railway fixtures (seats, luggage racks, windows);
- elastic bushings for moving mechanical parts;
- ceiling-mounted anti-vibration mounts for system parts installed on carriage roofs.
Under the effects of vibration, anti-vibration mounts undergo a controlled deformation and then resume their original shape, thus ensuring vibration damping and noise attenuation.
The highly dissipative elastomeric material coupled with metal dampens vibration, preventing its effects from reaching passengers and equipment: this principle is the basis of mechanical vibration isolation systems.
Railway carriage vibration dampers are easy to install and are available with different threads to adapt to different types of equipment; accordingly, they do not require any design or engineering changes to be installed.
Thanks to the experience acquired as a supplier to the rail transport sector, DAB can produce different types of anti-vibration mounts for railway carriages, including customised ones, and is the ideal partner for engineering companies operating in the transport sector and the subcontractors of companies producing railway and subway trains.
Rubber and metal anti-vibration mounts are used not only in trains, but also in all other forms of transport on rails (subways, trams, people movers).